Things You May Want to Bring to Addiction Rehab
If you are getting ready to go to an addiction rehab center, there are certain things that you may want to bring. You may first have to check with the admissions center to make sure these things are allowed but generally they are. Addiction rehab facilities want to make sure you are comfortable during your stay so they are generally pretty good with allowing you to have some personal items of yours. Some of the things that you may want to bring to the addiction rehab center include the following:
- You may want to bring clothing items. You will want clothes that are going to be comfortable. You don’t need to show off, you just need to be as comfortable as possible. You may want to bring enough clothes to last a week if the rehab has facilities for you to do your laundry. Most of them do have this service available to residents.
- You may want to bring toiletry items. Think about your personal hygiene as this is something you can pay more attention to. You may want to bring shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrush, deodorant and other things like that. You may find that the rehab you are staying in already provides these for you but you can ask to bring your own if you would like.
- You may want to bring personal belongings. You may not always be busy during your stay at the rehab. In between your sessions, you may have time to write in a journal, read a book or magazine or maybe even do a puzzle. If you ask the rehab, they can tell you if you are allowed to bring these things. You should make sure to bring your ID and insurance cards as well.
- You may need to bring medications you are on. You will only need to bring the ones that your doctor has prescribed to you so that the rehab knows what you need to be taking while you are there.
- You may want to bring bedding. The rehab may be alright with you bringing a pillow or even blankets. This is something that you should ask about because some rehabs only allow the ones that they provide.
These are some of the things you may want to bring to addiction rehab. If you are not sure of what you should be bringing you can always call them and ask.