Substance Abuse affects over 20 million people in America according to the National Alliance on Mental Illness. Most people have a burning desire to overcome their addiction but a small number actually do. Those who fail to quit often blame themselves and don’t think they have what it takes.
In reality, they don’t lack the ability or determination to quit. But quite often they are paired with a treatment center that fails to properly diagnosis the cause of their addiction. Many rehab centers tend to take the ‘one size fits all’ approach. This approach is usually easier to implement but it can be detrimental to those who suffer from dual diagnosis.
What is Dual Diagnosis
Dual diagnosis is a condition that encompasses substance abuse and mental disorder. To treat it effectively, addiction experts must first determine if the mental disorder was caused by the addiction or vice versa. Failure to properly diagnose can result in subpar treatment and later relapse. While most rehab centers function similarly and often come short when it comes to effectively treating dual diagnosis, there are centers that specialize in substance abuse accompanied with mental disorders.
Some common mental disorders accompanied by substance abuse include:
- Anxiety disorders
- Personality disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Dual Diagnosis Treatment: Why it Works
When matched with a qualified treatment center, you or a loved one, will receive customized treatment options to fit your or their unique needs. A person who suffers from depression and is addicted to prescription drugs may receive different treatment than someone who suffers from PTSD and is addicted to alcohol. Every person is different and so is their path to sobriety. Individually tailored treatment plans offer a higher chance of overcoming your addiction.
About Us: How Can We Help You
Elite Rehab Placement is a no-cost substance abuse placement service. Every year we talk to over 125,000 individuals who seek rehab treatment. Over the years, we’ve identified the best rehab centers in the US and the ones to stay away from.
Our service is unbiased and free of service to you. Our goal is to match you with the best rehab center for your unique situation; one that will give you the greatest odds at recovery. We have successfully matched thousands of other people with quality rehab facilities and we’re confident we can do the same for you.
We take the following factors into account when making a recommendation:
- – Addiction type & Severity: A severe alcoholic may require a different treatment methodology than someone who is ‘barely’ an alocholic.
- – Gender/ Age/ Sexual Orientation Specific Rehabs: A woman may want to go to a women’s only rehab; a gay teen may want to go to a gay/teen rehab, etc.
- – Religious Views: Christian rehab, non-religious rehab, jewish rehab, etc.
- – Insurance: We’re experts and squeezing the maximum benefits out of your insurance plan. Some plans have hidden benefits that cover up to 100% of rehab costs. Good luck getting that information straight from your insurance company.
- – Length of Stay: 7 day, 30-90 day, extended outpatient care.
- – Personal preferences (in-state vs out of state, oceanfront vs mountain vs city location, private rooms, luxury, holistic, dual diagnosis, 12-step, non-12 step, art therapy, etc.)
Finding a Dual Diagnosis Center: How It Works:
What To Do Next
Finding a great rehab on your own is difficult and time-consuming. It requires hours of research, many phone calls and exposure to telephone sales reps who are more focused on meeting their sales quota than matching you with a facility that is focused on your well-being and recovery.
Chances of going to a mediocre rehab are great. And, if you’re going to call your own insurance company you run the risk of not maximizing your benefits. You may not be aware of what to ask for or may not be familiar with the terminology they use and the insurance company reps may not be as forthcoming as they should. You could easily end up at a 2-star rehab instead of a 5-star rehab.
There is no reason to chance it. Allow us to find you the best rehab center for your situation. There is no cost and no obligation. You have nothing to lose. Call us today!