What Are The Various Types Of Hallucinogenic Mushrooms?
The number of hallucinogenic mushrooms ranges in the thousands. However, Psilocybin mushrooms or “magic mushrooms” are the ones known for causing the most hallucinogenic effects. Over 180 hallucinogenic mushrooms exist in this world. Each of the different kinds of mushrooms contain some amount of psilocybin and psilocin. This is what causes the psychedelic effects.
What Are The Most Commonly Known Hallucinogenic Mushrooms?
The list below are some of the most common and well-known types of hallucinogenic mushrooms.
- Mexican mushrooms – Large, common Psilocybe and known for being as one of the largest types of hallucinogenic mushrooms. Has brown-reddish cap and a yellow or white stem. The Mexican mushrooms can grow on cow dung when the climate is moist.
- Psilocybe cubensis – This type of mushroom is also known as a golden cap. If you have become addicted to this type of mushroom, Elite Rehab Placement has a program to help you out.
- Psilocybe baeocystis – These mushrooms are also known as potent Psilocybe or blue bells. When these mushrooms are fresh, they have a brown stem and the cap is a darker brown. This type of mushroom will grow on peat and rotting logs, usually in the fields.
- Psilocybe pelliculosa – This type of mushroom is also known as a liberty cap. It doesn’t have a conical, narrow cap. It is also one of the weakest hallucinogenic mushrooms.
- Psilocybe semilanceata – This hallucinogenic mushroom is also known as the liberty bell. It is generally found in damp and grassy fields. Animals generally graze in these areas, but this type of mushroom won’t grow on any dung. These mushrooms are smaller with a yellow or light brown, fine pointed cap. Sometimes this type of mushroom can be confused with the Psilocybe pelliculosa.
What Are Some Other Compounds in Hallucinogenic Mushrooms?
When it comes to hallucinogens, there are many forms of mushrooms that everyone should be educated on. While many of these kinds of mushrooms are from the Psilocybe genus family, many different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms exist as well. Some of the compounds in hallucinogenic mushrooms include the following:
What Are Some Of The Dangers Hallucinogenic Mushrooms Cause?
If you ingest hallucinogenic mushrooms that may not necessarily lead to hallucinations. It could distort your perception though. Consumption of these types of mushrooms can also cause dizziness, nausea, numbness and muscle weakness. Another danger could be ingesting the wrong kind of mushroom. If you don’t know how to identify these mushrooms or have knowledge about them, you may ingest a poisonous mushroom, instead of the “magic” ones.
While these mushrooms may not be addictive, building up tolerance to them often happens quickly. The higher someone’s tolerance, the more of the mushrooms they may ingest to get the effect they got in the past. Some belief there is also a cross-tolerance with drugs such as mescaline and the hallucinogenic mushrooms.
Throughout the United States of America, the psilocybin mushrooms are listed in the Schedule I category of drugs from the Psychotropic Substances Act. This means there is a high risk of abusing the mushrooms and there isn’t a medical use for them either.
Can You Recover From An Addiction To Hallucinogenic Mushrooms?
If you have been taking or abusing these types of mushrooms and are ready to stop, or if you are codependent with alcohol or other drugs, you can get inpatient treatment. This type of treatment program would require you to say at the rehab center 24/7 until the program ends. However, it offers you a better chance of overcome hallucinogens abuse. In this day and age, drug addictions are being accepted for being complex and involving genetic, environmental and behavioral factors. Inpatient rehab treatment can offer you the assistance needed to get through detox and recover smoother than if you were to do it at home.
The purpose of inpatient treatment is to help addicts overcome their addiction and change behaviors, attitudes and habits. These changes will help you to live a recovering lifestyle without harmful substances. If you have been using hallucinogenic mushrooms, self-treatment isn’t the way to go. It is time to call the rehab center for treatment today.