Choosing the “Right” Drug Rehab – Is it Really Possible?
When you’re planning to start kicking your addiction, and you’ve decided that you want to attend drug rehab, you might be thinking about how you’re going to go about choosing the “right” program for you. Lots of people say you can’t ever really choose the perfect rehab, but you can get really close. And, if you want to make the most of your addiction recovery journey, you want to give it the best that you’ve got.
So, why do you need to choose a rehab that’s a great fit for you and how do you even go about doing this? Are there special steps that you take? Are there things you should be looking for? How do you do this when you have a limited amount of time?
The Time Dilemma When it comes to Choosing a Rehab
There are so many different types of rehabs out there. If you don’t know how to look for them, you might just get stuck with a local search of treatment programs that may or may not work well for you. When we first decide that we need to go to rehab, it’s pretty common to have the attitude that anything will do, but this just isn’t the case.
Did you know that if you begin an addiction rehab program that you aren’t happy with, it can actually reduce your chances of enjoying a healthy, successful recovery? Did you know that when you leave rehab early, you often get stuck paying for the whole program? That’s why it’s so important to get matched with a great addiction treatment program.
However, for many, the problem isn’t desire, it’s time. When we’ve decided that we want to get clean, we often have a very small window of time before we go back to using and change our minds about treatment. That’s why it’s important to act fast.
Finding a rehab that is a great fit in a short amount of time can be really tough because there are so many out there, but it’s essential, because when you feel like you’re in a place that you belong, you’re much more likely to feel connected and really push for a healthy recovery journey.
Should you be looking for Something In Particular?
Great, so you know that you’re in a time crunch, which is painful enough on its own, but what should you be looking for? There are some factors to consider, but not dwell on too much. These might include:
- Chances are, you have some kind of health insurance, and chances are that your insurance will cover some kind of addiction treatment for you. The key is to find a match if you can. This might mean choosing a different rehab that works with your insurance program, or it might mean that you have some flexibility. You’re also going to want to look into other ways that you can finance your stay at rehab, including payment plans, and even grants from state and the Federal Governments.
- You know where you want to be, but don’t rule out going someplace else if you find a great fit in a treatment facility. You can always go home when you’re done with treatment, but if you find a place that feels like it’s where you belong, don’t ignore it just because it’s far away.
- Length of Stay. Now, you likely know if you want to stay in rehab for a longer amount of time, or a shorter amount of time, but what you likely don’t know is that there are some times when your stay can be extended, so don’t pay too much attention to the length of your stay in rehab that you start with, because it might change if you feel you want and need it.
So, you know a few things to look for that you should have in your head but not dwell on too much. These are often pretty flexible, and you might find that your initial ideas can be changed but still work well for you. There are other things that you might want to consider when it comes to choosing a great drug rehab, and they often include:
- The addiction treatment program a facility works with. In other words, is it a step-based program, or something more non-traditional? Do you like holistic treatment programs? Are you more into taking responsibility for your addiction and your recovery, or do you like the idea of having a higher power to take the reins for you so you can focus on healing? Believe it or not, the type of treatment program that you choose can have a serious bearing on how successful you are at your recovery, so give it a moment or two to really think about what type of program you’re going to be comfortable with.
- Alternative addiction treatments the facility includes. Now, you might have heard about all different types of alternative addiction treatments, but you might not know how successful they really are. Spend some time getting to know them, because there are a ton of them. However, the right types of alternative therapies can help you to learn to de-stress, cope with anxiety, and find balance and happiness in your recovery. So, think about what you can relate to, what you enjoy, and what you might like to really embrace in your recovering lifestyle.
- Your needs when it comes to special circumstances. Are you a woman who wants to be in a rehab with other women? Do you live an alternative lifestyle that affects your addiction? Do you have children that you cannot bear to be away from? These are all things you need to consider when it comes to finding the “right” drug rehab for your needs, and believe it or not, there are so many different treatment facilities that meet your special circumstances.
Getting the Choice Right When it feels like Everything Else is wrong
It looks pretty overwhelming, right? You aren’t even sure you want to go to rehab anymore, so how are you supposed to put the time into making all these choices? You never really think all that much about much of anything when you’re using, and maybe this is the easier option, but it might not be the best one.
The trouble is, getting your choice of drug rehab right the first time can make a tremendous difference in how much you enjoy overcoming your addiction. It can take a chore and challenge into a beautiful new experience, so it’s a pretty heavy choice.
Don’t spend all your time searching online for local rehabs that might fit your needs. Call us instead. We are a rehab placement specialist, and we can help you get into the addiction treatment program that will truly help you live clean and sober for life.
At Elite Rehab Placement, we understand what you’re going through right now. We know that deciding to kick your addiction to substances can be pretty scary. We also know how short-lived it can be. That’s why our friendly, caring counselors will take the time to get to know you. We talk to you about your addiction, your likes and dislikes, and what you want to see in a treatment program.
Then, we dig deeper, because we know it’s tough to finance a stay at rehab. Everyone who wants it deserves treatment that meets their needs, though, and that’s why we talk to your insurance company for you, and even work to find different types of financing options that will help you get started overcoming your addiction, without piling financial worries on everything else.
The best part of our service? For many, it’s the way there is absolutely no obligation to commit to anything – ever. So, if you aren’t sure you’re ready, that’s okay. Give us a call anyway. We’ll never charge you anything for our services, and if you simply haven’t found a program that you feel great about, that’s okay, too.
Your addiction has lasted a long time. If you’re feeling like it’s time to find a drug rehab and start living your life in a healthy, addiction-free way, we can help you find one that will change your life. Why not get the best start to your recovery journey possible? Give us a call today and see how we can help you.