10 Ways to Tell You’re Choosing a Legit Rehab
Choosing a legit rehab can be tough. How do you know that you’re going to be going to a place that is really going to help you get clean and sober? How do you know that you’ll be among people that truly care about teaching you and helping you to live clean and sober? Is there any way to feel confident that the addiction treatment facility you’re considering is exactly what it says it is?
These days, there is a lot of bad press about rehabs. Lots of them have hit the news lately for being scams. It’s little wonder that those who need to overcome an addiction are terrified of exploring their treatment options.
Fortunately, there are a lot of really amazing rehabs out there. They are legitimate, they are solid, and their people really care about your recovery journey and your treatment. The key is to figure out how to find them.
That’s why we’ve decided to list 10 ways to tell you’re choosing a legit rehab:
- They never advertise their services as “free.” This might seem like a small thing, but when something is advertised as “free,” no matter how little it costs, it tends to make it seem very expendable and not of much value. A legit rehab isn’t going to advertise their services as free, because, very simply, it’s expensive to provide addiction rehabilitation services to people who need them. Instead, look for a facility that talks about “no cost,” or “no cost to you,” or “low cost.” These refer to ways that the service is paid for that won’t have to come out of your pocket.
- They accept insurance. And your insurance works with them. Seriously, insurance companies aren’t thrilled about the idea of dishing out a boat load of money to a rehab that doesn’t’ do what they claim. If your insurance company works with the rehab you’re considering, you’re on the right track for finding a solid addiction treatment facility.
- They have all their licenses, and permits, as according to their location. If you’re in doubt, hopefully, you’re not going to pursue a stay, but you can find out a lot about a business, and in this case a rehab, when you check to see if they are fully licensed. This is so important because a rehab that is pulling something shady will be unlikely to spend the time necessary to get their permits and licenses.
- They have certified counselors and therapists. For as much as you pay to go to rehab, you want to know that the people you’re spilling your guts to day after day, and that you’re trusting to help you change your life at least know what they’re doing. You should be able to check and make sure that the therapists and counselors you will be working with have all of the proper certifications to be doing their jobs.
- If you’re choosing a rehab with an on-site detox, that facility needs to be properly licensed, too. Just as the rest of the elements of your rehab of choice need to be properly licensed, an on-site detox facility needs to have all of its licenses, too. If you’re unsure, take a look for yourself. Often, the website will offer the information you seek.
- If you’re able to visit, you’ll see people in the facility. And, your rehab of choice will encourage visits to their facility. After all, this is how you decide that you can actually start your recovery journey with them. When you do visit, make it a point to pay attention to the overall vibe you get while you’re there. Do you see others in various parts of their schedules? Does it seem like the residents are comfortable and satisfied that they are doing well?
- Talk to the therapists and counselors. If you can talk to a counselor at the addiction treatment facility you’re considering, make sure to do so. This is how you’re going to be able to tell if you can feel comfortable with your treatment program and really get into your recovery journey. If the counselor or therapist is trying to sell you on treatment at their facility, you might want to consider choosing a different one.
- The reviews are solid. Another way to really get a feel for a treatment program is to read the reviews. You’ll find them online with a simple search, and you might have to filter through the negatives, but if you’re looking for a legit rehab, then checking out reviews is essential.
- They offer a really good aftercare program. This is just one aspect of a rehab that you should never do without. After rehab, you’re still going to need follow up care, and you’re more likely to stick with it if you can continue on an outpatient basis with the same therapists and counselors that you’re used to. A good rehab is going to have an aftercare program included in the price, so make sure to check for that, too.
- A reliable source recommends them. Take a rehab placement service, like us. At Elite Rehab Placement, we work to ensure that all the rehabs we recommend are not only legitimate, but also truly care about their residents. We want to be certain that the rehabs we refer our clients to really care about long-lasting addiction recovery.
It can be really tough to find a legit rehab, especially since there can be so much money in running an illegal scam. However, when you know what you’re looking for, and you ensure that it’s the real deal, you’ll find that you’re in a much better position to enjoy your recovery journey.
If you find that you’re ready to take the next step and start looking for an addiction treatment facility that meets your needs, give us a call. We’ll help you every step of the way, and it won’t cost you anything, and there is no obligation to choose one of our recommendations. Addiction recovery is tough, we can help make getting started easier.